Blanche Lavada McCoy
Blanche Lavada McCoy was born in Steele, Missouri, on November 17, 1930.
She departed this life at home in Caruthersville, Missouri on August 8, 2021, at the age of 90.
She was the daughter of the late Rural Roberts & Lillie Mae Garner Roberts.
Attended the Caruthersville schools, graduating in the High School Class of 1949.
On November 6, 1948, in Piggott, Arkansas, she was united in marriage to Mr. Moses Kelly McCoy. He preceded her in death on February 23, 1986.
Blanche was a longtime cook at the Caruthersville Elementary School prior to her retirement.
Blanche, NaNaw, as she was called by her family & close friends, loved her family and enjoyed being around all of the grandchildren & great grandchildren. She loved reading to her grandchildren and then reading the same books to the great grandchildren. She also enjoyed cooking.
She was a longtime member of the Eastwood Memorial United Methodist Church in Caruthersville.
SURVIVED BY –
- Her daughter – Sharon Russell (Paul) of Caruthersville.
- 2 Grandchildren – Kellye Jo Faulkner (Kevin) and Kara Lee Bethune (Lee) of Caruthersville.
- 4 Great Grandchildren – Peyton Faulkner, Mallory Faulkner, Kassidy Bethune and Kady Bethune, all of Caruthersville.
- A special niece, Lisa Bruno, of Dyersburg, Tennessee.
- A daughter by heart, Gwyn McDowell, of Caruthersville
- A very special couple that became a part of the family, Dave & Mary Lewelling of Caruthersville.
- Nieces, nephews, other relatives and many friends.
She was also preceded in death by a sister, Louise Roberts Neely, and a brother-in-law, Liston Neely.
The family wants to express special thanks and love to Dr. Bernard and VNA Hospice for the compassion and love they have shown not only to Blanche but the whole family.
Graveside services were held with Brother Dave Lewelling officiating at Little Prairie Cemetery in Caruthersville, Missouri, on August 11, 2021, at 11:00 a.m.
H. S. Smith Funeral Home in charge of services.