Ruth M. Carson
Ruth M. Carson was born February 28, 1925 in Yuma, Tennessee. She was the daughter of Claud Morgan and Maynard Abigail Bradford Morgan.
She departed this life on April 6, 2020 at the Pemiscot Memorial Health System in Hayti, Missouri at the age of 95.
On March 11, 1946 she was united in marriage to Mr. Albert Quitman Carson. He preceded her in death.
Ruth attended Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau during World War II and graduated from Arkansas State University with her teaching degree in 1957. She taught kindergarten at R-3 for many years prior to her retirement. Following her retirement she went back to school at Union University and received her degree in Divinity. Attending her graduation was all of her family, including children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. She loved studying the bible.
She was a member of the First Baptist Church of Caruthersville for many years and then when she moved to Brighton, Tennessee she joined Crossroads Community Church of the Nazarene. Ruth was also a member of the GV Chapter of PEO.
Survived by – 2 daughters – Suzanne Carson Constant – Caruthersville, MO
- Lisa Carson Cothran and her husband, Jimmy, – Brighton, TN
6 grandchildren – Richard Constant III, and his wife, Dana – Caruthersville, MO
-Jon Carson Constant and his wife, Angie – Caruthersville, MO
-John Robert Eledge and his wife, Krystle – Drummonds, TN
– Bonnie Morgan Coltrane and her husband, Gene – Covington, TN
– Emily Ruth Shelley and her husband, Adam – Brighton, TN
-Casey Carson Cothran – Brighton, TN
10 great grandchildren – Morgan Constant Mayer and her husband, Daniel– Jonesboro, AR
- Laura Suzanne Constant – Caruthersville, MO
- Jon Carson Constant II – Caruthersville, MO
- William Clay Constant – Caruthersville, MO
- Carter Quitman Coltrane – Covington, TN
- Jaycie Ruth Coltrane – Covington, TN
- Camden Thomas Coltrane – Covington, TN
- Peyton Jayne Shelley – Brighton, TN
- Paxton Tate Shelley – Brighton, TN
- John Gunner Eledge –Drummonds, TN
And a number of other relatives and many, many friends. She was preceded in death by her parents, Claud & Maynard Morgan, her husband, Albert Carson and a sister, Vernell Taylor